Rental Rage Relief
Assisting tenants and landlords with rental rage relief
Thank you so much for all your help, it was really effective and quick, will definitely recommend you if we ever hear of a similar situation.
I told them that I contacted you and they let me remove my property without any hassle.
Thank you again.
See the attach file for the acceptance to out of our garden flat end of September 2014.
Thanks for your assistants in this matter, all done now.
Gert Sarita Barnard.
We have been involved in the property industry for over 12 years, more importantly the business of property leasing, private or commercial. Our core business is legal consultation for tenants or landlords in resolving disputes and mediating settlements before engaging in
expensive and time consuming legal recourse.
We work within the parameters of the various property Acts as legislated by government for the property industry in South Africa.
As property rental specialists we can offer a unique service to our clients for any property related rental problems.
Once again thank you for everything. I really hope that at least I can get to remain in my place a bit longer.
Hopefully I wont' have to bother you, but I will let you know what the outcome is.
Thanks again, I really wouldn't have been able to do this without your help.
· Finding a tenant is easy; evicting a tenant is a complicated and expensive process.
· Completing a tenant application form will ensure the landlord has all the necessary information.
· If a tenant is unable or unwilling to provide all the relevant information, such as proof of earnings, proof of employment and contactable references be wary.
· Be wary of tenants with sad stories and promises of cash up front who want to take immediate occupation.
· Credit and reference checks as well as salary and employment confirmation are essential.
· A comprehensive lease agreement from a recognized agency is worth its weight in gold.
· The lease agreement must be explained, especially the responsibilities of the landlord and tenant.
· The amount of people allowed to occupy the premises is important especially for younger tenants who might quickly sub-let every available room in the house.
· Never allow a tenant to have access to the property until all documents are signed and the deposit plus rent are cleared funds in your account.
· Show the tenant where the water shut off valve is and leave a list of emergency numbers on hand.
· Explain the workings of all the appliances like pool pumps, irrigation system and the manual override for automated gates and garages etc.
· Having a pre-paid electricity meter and telephone is advisable.
· Remove items of personal or sentimental value or explain the importance to the tenant.
· Two months deposit is preferred as tenants often don’t pay the last months rent, leaving the landlord with no funds for maintenance and repairs.
· Completing a comprehensive inspection report will prevent disputes later, keep a photo history inside and outside of the property.
· Act quickly the first time rent is not paid or is paid late, send a registered letter of breach and the consequences thereof by the 3’rd day of the month.
· Follow up with a registered eviction/cancellation of lease notice 7 working days later.
· Hand over to your attorneys for urgent court application of tenants to vacate the property.
· Remember only a court can order an eviction.
· You may also apply to the Rental Housing Tribunal at no charge but this could be a lengthy process.
· Consult with a recognized agency with its own rental department and administration office that will be able to professionally handle your rental requirements, whatever they may be.
084 744 0144
We really appreciate all you have done/doing!
Real Rental Reason
Choose the location, the home and the price. Then interview the landlord. A lot can be learnt from a brief meeting, before you sign make sure you are comfortable with the owner and the agreement.
Real Recording Replay
“Take your stuff and move” – illegal
“I cut your power” – illegal
“I let a possible buyer in” – illegal
Ensure that both of you understand the lease and responsibilities, they are binding by law. If you breach you bleed with legal fees.
You are staying in someone’s home so treat it as your own. As long as the structure is maintained by the owner, and you look after the house you should have an easy marriage.
Check the fine print.
Choose the tenant, the price and interview, face to face trumps a mail to mail. The lease should be current and easy to understand for both newlyweds.
Real Recording Replay
“The shower isn’t working!” –rental
“My dog does not bark” -rage
“What avocado tree?” –relief
Relationships start with the best intentions, when they are contractual you should pay attention. You are signing a contract with the unknown; meet the prospective tenants before engaging.
Finding a tenant is easier than firing a tenant….